Post Doc 2021
Postdoctoral Position – Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions
The team “Functional genomics of phytopathogenic fungi'' is glad to open a postdoctoral position in Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactionslocated. This position is funded by Bayer Crop Science.
The project is entitled “deciphering the interaction between a fungal pathogen and a host plant that leads to mutual exchange of extracellular vesicles (EVs)”. The project is mainly based on biochemical and bioinformatics approaches, with a focus on protein-protein interaction mapping.
The keys tasks are :
- Mapping of the Botrytis cinerea and the plant EV protein composition and interaction network in different genetic backgrounds.
- Scientific planning, evaluation, interpretation and presentation of experimental studies.
- Collaboration across various departments and organizations.
- Effective communication with project stakeholders
- Leadership to secure progress presentation and alignment on primary and contingency plans.
- Participation to the training and supervision of students.
- Ph.D. in plant microbe interactions, molecular plant biology or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with plant molecular biology and plant biochemistry is required
- Strong knowledge in plant-microbe interactions. An experience with Botrytis/Arabidopsis pathosystem is an advantage
- Experience in bioinformatics in the field of protein-protein interaction mapping is an advantage
- Experience in Arabidopsis thaliana stable transformation, and confocal fluorescence microscopy is an advantage
- Excellent skills in scientific analysis and design, independent working and time management, as well as in oral and written presentation
- Strong team player and capable to work independently
- Proficient verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English. A basic knowledge of French is helpful but not required
- Duration: 18 months
- Location: Lyon La Dargoire
- Starting date: June 2021